Water Services Information
On April 7, 2017, Governor Brown Jr ended the drought state of emergency in all of California except Fresno, Kings, Tulare and Tuolumne Counties. These counties are still required to follow Assembly Bill AB1668 and SB606 (attached). https://www.gov.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/4.7.17_Attested_Exec_Order_B-40-17.pdf
Stage 2 Water Conservation Mandatory Restrictions
- Washing of sidewalks, driveways, buildings, or other paved areas is prohibited
- The washing of automobiles, trucks, trailers, boats, airplanes, and other types of mobile equipment is permitted only between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. Such washing, when allowed, shall be done with a handheld bucket, or a handheld hose equipped with a positive shutoff nozzle for quick rinses.
EXCEPTION: Washing may be done at any time on the immediate premises of a commercial carwash or commercial service station. Further, such washing may be exempted from these regulations if the health, safety, and welfare of the public is contingent upon frequent vehicle cleanings, such as emergency vehicles, garbage trucks and vehicles to transport food and perishables.
- Commercial nurseries, commercial sod farmers, and similar establishments are exempt from Stage2 irrigation restrictions, but will be requested to curtail all non-essential water use.
- The filling, refilling, or adding of water to swimming pools, wading pools, and/or spas is permitted only between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m..
- The operation of any ornamental fountain or similar structure making similar use of water is prohibited unless the fountain uses a recycling system, such as an electric pump.
- All restaurants are requested to serve water to customers only when specifically requested by customers.