Services to be rendered by the County Elections Office:
- Distribute and file nomination papers and candidate statements for candidates for city offices.
- Make all required publications.
- Prepare, print and mail to the qualified electors of the city sample ballots and voter pamphlets.
- Provide Vote by Mail ballots for said Municipal Election for use by the qualified electors who may be entitled to Vote by Mail ballots in the manner provided by law.
- Order consolidation of precincts, appoint precinct boards, designate polling places and instruct election officers concerning their duties.
- Conduct and canvass the returns of the election and certify the votes cast to the city.
- Receive and process Vote by Mail ballot voter applications.
- Prepare, print and deliver to the polling places supplies, including the official ballots and a receipt for said supplies.
- Recount votes, if requested, in accordance with state law.
- Conduct the above election duties in accordance with the Voting Rights Act of 1975.
- Perform all other pertinent services required to be performed for said election other than the requirements of the Fair Political Practices Commission; said Fair Political Practices Commission requirements to be performed by the city clerk.
Those interested in becoming a candidate for offices as provided above should contact the Tulare County Registrar of Voters Elections Office at (559) 624-7300 for complete information on the nomination process.
Dinuba is a Charter City within these Legislative Districts:
- 22nd Congressional District
- 14th Senate District
- 26th Assembly District
- 4th Supervisorial District
2018 General Election Information
The Candidate Nomination period is open from July 16 - August 10, 2018.
City of Dinuba Council Districts 1 and 5 are up for election in November. If you reside in Dinuba and are interested in running for election, Council District 1 and District 5 will be on the ballot this November. You must reside in the District for which you desire to be elected and be a registered voter 18 years or older. Please visit the Tulare County Registrar of Voters for more information. The nomination packet is available at the Tulare County Elections Office, 5951 Mooney Blvd, Visalia, Ca 93277.
Tulare County Election Information
Please visit the Tulare County Registrar of Voters website for election information.