Planning and Development ensures safe and affordable housing and commercial structures that comply with applicable codes and ordinances.
The Planning and Development Services Department is organized with the client in mind. With the divisions of planning, engineering, and building inspections all under one department, we offer our clients a one-stop approach to conducting their business. From the minute they walk in the door, clients have access to all of our services under one roof -- from initial exploration of the planning process to engineering reviews and final approval.
|Public Improvement Standards
Focused General Plan Update 2023
The General Plan for the City of Dinuba is a policy document that provides guidance about the growth and development of the community. The current comprehensive General Plan was adopted in 2008 and contains the following nine elements:
- Land Use Element
- Circulation Element
- Open Space, Conservation, and Recreation Element
- Urban Boundary Element
- Urban Design Element
- Noise Element
- Public Services and Facilities Element
- Safety Element
- Housing Element
In 2021, the City of Dinuba began the process of a Focused General Plan Update to the City’s Land Use and Circulation Elements of the General Plan. The update is titled “focused” since it is not a comprehensive update of all the elements of the general plan, but rather a focused analysis of a few growth areas and community topics that are discussed in the Land Use and Circulation Elements of the General Plan. The main components of the ongoing Focused General Plan Update include:
- Provide new residential areas around the area of the proposed high school at the corner of Kamm and Alta Avenues.
- Look at policies that encourage more mixed-uses (commercial and residential) in the downtown core and other commercial areas of the community.
- Pursue recommended zoning changes to allow a combination of residential and commercial areas in the East El Monte Way area.
- Implement safety improvements at key City intersections and improve alternative modes of circulation throughout the City.
- Prepare an Environmental Justice section that includes new goals, policies, and programs that promote equitable environmental health for all communities.
The release of the Public Review Draft of the Focused General Plan update is anticipated in March-April of 2023. This document and associated information with the update will be posted on the City’s website as they are prepared.