Note: This page will be updated as information changes
The City encourages the community to stay informed, practice good hygiene, be aware, and be prepared. As a community we are in this together; stay calm and help each other by staying home if you are sick, check in on your neighbors, and continue to slow the spread of COVID-19 by using best hygiene best practices.
All essential City services and functions remain in full operation. The City of Dinuba’s water supply has not been affected. Your water delivery remains CLEAN, SAFE, RELIABLE, and DRINKABLE. Read More
DIGITAL VACCINE RECORDS: Access and keep a digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccine record on your phone. Enter your name, date of birth, phone/email associated with your vaccine record, and that's it. Go to myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov for more information.
UPDATE 03/24/2021 - Governor announces beginning April 1 anyone over 50 can get the vaccine, with those 16 an older eligible on April 15.
OptumServe COVID Testing Locations NOW Offering COVID Vaccinations - the State is now providing vaccine allocations directly to four OptumServe Community Testing sites in Tulare County. Residents who meet eligibility criteria can now get vaccinated at these locations. Those interested in scheduling an appointment to get their COVID vaccine at an OptumServe location can register for vaccine on the statewide COVID Vaccination platform, My Turn at: https://myturn.ca.gov/. For those without internet access can call 1-833-422-4255 to make an appointment.
Valley Health Dinuba 559-595-1000
Doctor’s consultation/orders are needed for both tests
Results back in 5-7 days
Rapid Test 15 minutes
Currently only taking Urgent Care 559-595-0309, after 5pm.
United Health Clinic (Westgate Way) 800-492-4227
Results back in 3-5 days
Tues-Fri 8-5:00 pm
Narayan Medical Clinic (317 W. El Monte Way) 315-5438
PCR Test before 9-4pm
Rapid Test 4pm-6pm
Mountain View Medical Clinic (468 Vermont Avenue) 591-6200
PCR Test all day 9-6
Results 3-5 days
Rite Aid 595-1341
Drive thru PCR self test available by appointment only @ Riteaid.com
Results back in 2-7 days
By appointment @ Walgreens.com/covid19testing
Drive thru PCR self test by appointment only
Results back in 3-5 days
COVID-19 PUBLIC NOTICES
Governor's Shelter In Place Order 03-19-2020
City Of Dinuba State of Emergency Proclamation 03-19-2020
Tulare County Health Officer Emergency Order 05-18-2020
STAY INFORMED & BE PREPARED
Tulare County HHSA COVID-19 Resources
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
Tulare County Department of Health and Human Services
CA Department of Public Health
Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) issued an advisory earlier this week that events and public gatherings of any size should be postponed or canceled. The state, counties and cities have either postponed or cancelled a myriad of events in an effort to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus. Dinuba Unified School District cancelled all sporting events and outside field trips. Visalia Unified School District announced today that they will be suspending classes until further notice.
The immediate risk of being exposed to this virus is still low for most Americans, but as the outbreak expands, that risk will increase. Cases of COVID-19 and instances of community spread are being reported in a growing number of states. Following recommendations from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) in response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, and in a collaborative effort to protect and preserve the health and well-being of the community, the City of Dinuba is issuing the following operations update.
Tulare County Health & Human Services COVID-19 Map (Updated daily by Tulare HHSA)
SIMPLE, PREVENTATIVE ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE
NOTICE: Please inform 9-1-1 dispatch if you are experiencing fever, coough, shortness of breath, or any other flu-like symptom during an emergency response call.
- Stay home
- Avoid gatherings of 10 or more people
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Shake hands
- Touch your face
- Go to the doctor if you aren’t sick
- Stockpile masks or gloves
If you are sick:
- Stay home and CALL your medical provider
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Contact your medical service provider if you think you are experiencing symptoms and would like to be tested.
PARENTS & STUDENTS
Helpful Educational Learning Resources
NOTICE: Tulare County Public Libraries (Including Dinuba) are closed from March 17-31, 2020
Adjustments to the school schedule are listed below:
- Monday, April 6-Monday, April 13 Regularly scheduled Spring Break
Meals will be available on weekdays beginning March 16-April 3, similar to the summer lunchprogram.
- Any person, age 19 and under, is eligible to “pickup” a meal.
- Details on locations and times will be available on our website.
- Social and emotional support services will be available on an on-call basis between March 16and April 3. Please contact the district officeat 595-7206 if services are needed.
Information regarding school closures and services can be found on the Dinuba Unified School District Website.
RESOURCES FOR SENIORS
Social Distancing: Apps for Seniors
Rental Assistance (Provided by CSET)
BUSINESSES & EMPLOYEES
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) anticipates funds will become available to help small businesses in California affected by a slow economy due to the coronavirus outbreak. More information is available at www.sba.gov. In the meantime, the SBA provides information on Economic Injury Loans as well as the SBA’s disaster assistance offices’ Preparedness and Recovery fact sheets. The CDC has also put out guidance for businesses to help prevent exposures to respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19.
Updates and Resources from the Workforce Investment Board about COVID-19 in Tulare County can be found HERE.
If you have lost work or have had your hours reduced we encourage you to apply for Employment Development Department (EDD) Unemployment Insurance (UI). In California Governor Newsom has waived the one-week waiting period for benefits and is looking at expanding UI claim offerings. For comprehensive guidance and resources about state benefits related to employment and COVID-19, we highly recommend this FAQ page from EDD.
Benefits to Those Quarantined or Sick:
Paid sick leave law provides time off to many workers. You are entitled to use whatever sick leave you have accumulated.
California law provides for paid family leave, which you may be eligible for if you are providing care for an ill or quarantined family member. In the event of a particularly long illness, you may be eligible for disability benefits, provided your illness is certified by a medical professional. If you were exposed to COVID-19 while on the job and in the course of your regular duties, you may also qualify for workers’ compensation.
UPDATE: 08/01/2020 - On July 15th, the County of Tulare announced a program providing $7.5 million in grants ($5,000) to local small businesses to mitigate the COVID-related impacts to the operation of their business. Tulare County Small Business Relief Fund
UPDATE: 04/03/2020 - Wal-Mart Changes Shopping Procedures
UPDATE: 07/17/2020 - On July 15th, the County of Tulare announced a program providing $7.5 million in grants to local small businesses to mitigate the COVID-related impacts to the operation of their business. Eligible businesses are those with 20 or fewer full-time equivalent employees or individuals who are self-employed. Visit www.tularewib.org for more information.
OPERATIONAL CHANGES TO CITY SERVICES
UPDATE: March 19, 2020 - City Manager Luis Patlan has signed an executive order declaring a State of Emergency for the City of Dinuba pursuant to Section 9.14.030(b) of the Dinuba Municipal Code. This delatration was ratifyed by Dinuba City Council on March 24, 2020. This declaration is made in an abundance of caution and will allow the City of Dinuba to access any available emergency funds and resources or take any necessary action locally during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. The City’s Emergency Operations Center has also been placed in a state of readiness in order to respond to any critical needs that may arise and to coordinate with county, state and federal agencies.
At this time, the City has made some temporary operational changes as recommended by the Tulare County HHSA, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH):
- UPDATE 03/24/2021 - Dinuba PD begins LIVE SCAN & INK PRINTS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- UPDATE 10/02/2020 - Kaweah Delta now offers safe, secure, and fast COVID-19 testing to all community members, regardless of symptoms. Download Flyer
- UPDATE 04/30/2020.- : Tulare County Increases COVID-19 Testing with Testing Site at Dinuba Veteran's Memorial Building
- UPDATE 03/20/2020.- All City events and public meetings closed to the public until further notice.
- All City offices closed to the public until further notice. Police Department non-emergency line: 8 AM to 5 PM - (559) 591-5914 ext. 200. After Hours - (559) 591-5900
- All essential services such as public safety, water, sewer, and disposal services are fully operational
- Parks and playgrounds: Parks and playgrounds are open.
- DART Transit systems: Transit fares waived until further notice.
- After School Programs: After School Programs are running.
- Utility Billing (City hall): In-person payments are open.
- Ambulance Billing (City Hall): In-person payments are open. Ambulance payments can be made with a credit or debit card by phone (559) 591-5900, drop-box (Personal Check, Money Order, or Cashier’s Check only.NO CASH), or mail in payment options (include bottom portion of bill).
- Dinuba Sportsplex: Open to the public.
- Leisure classes: (Contact your instructor)
- Dinuba Senior Center: Closed (Programs Postponed) until until further notice
- Ridge Creek Golf Course: Open
- All City sponsored community events are running, with possible modifications.
- UPDATE 04/17/2020 - The 2020 Dinuba Car Show has been Cancelled
These operational changes will be in effect until further notice, or until otherwise amended.
Internally, the City is taking advanced cleaning measures, communicating best practices frequently with employees, and is making every attempt to avoid critical organizational and community disruptions. Staff is also working closely with local health organizations, businesses, community groups, and schools to ensure a collaborative effort to respond to, and lessening the spread and impact of this public health threat.
The CDC and local health partners are asking everyone to do their part to help us respond to this emerging public health threat. Although tensions surrounding this pandemic are high, we can all do our part by following the CDC’s recommendations for Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 in Homes and Residential Communities
- Apply for unemployment (Video)
- Apply for disability benefits
- Apply for paid family leave
- Rental & Utility Assistance (Provided by CSET)
- Rental Assistance (Provided by the State of CA)
- Rental and Utility Assistance (Provided by the City of Dinuba/Self Help Enterprizes) Spanish Application
- Mesothelioma Information
To Report Consumer Fraud (Price Gouging), fill out the form - DOWNLOAD COMPLAINT FORM HERE
Phone (559) 636-5410, Email TCDAConsumerProtect@co.tulare.ca.us
or contact the California Department of Consumer Affairs to file a complaint.