I. TOGETHER, A BETTER COMMUNITY
Together – means that members of this organization and city are appropriately involved in decision-making, problem solving and communications to improve the quality of life in Dinuba.
Better – means to build on all community assets and make improvements consistent with the goals and direction established by the residents through their elected Council. Better also means as we go about our day-to-day work we will strive to deliver superior services to our residents.
Community – means individuals living and working together who participate and cooperate in defining a collective vision supporting and partnering with each other to achieve common goals.
II. CITY VALUES
The goal of "Together, A Better Community" is achieved by employees working together as an organization and with the community providing services which can be most appropriately provided by local government; achieving goals established by the residents and elected officials; and maintaining order, improving quality of life, and protecting the overall interest of the community.
Our Values, which guide us in pursuing our goal of working "together for a better Community", are:
• Treat self and others with respect recognizing the value of different points of view and concerns.
• Build and support cooperative attitudes and actions.
• Support each other towards our common goals.
• Give attention to detail while performing to the best of our ability.
• Hold us accountable for our actions, thereby building credibility and trust.
• Follow-through by employees who are empowered to make decisions at their level.
• Be responsive to others by caring and listening.
• Treat people with fairness.
• Help others to succeed on the job.
• Commitment to personal growth and development.
• Encourage and support reasonable risk-taking and innovation.
• Recognize change is inevitable, therefore plan and manage for the future.
• Develop lasting partnerships by combining city and community resources to achieve goals.
• Maximize opportunity for community participation.
• Recognize diversity as strength for our community.